A few of my favourites......
There's nothing I love more than curling up with a cup of tea, a piece of cake and a good book. Give me a page turning storyline and a cast of wonderous characters and I will surface only after I've devoured every page down to the final full-stop.
In book stores, I've been known to lose hours as I make my way through the shelves of latest releases and anything and everything to do with nature, botanicals and interiors. And don't get me started on beautifully styled cookbooks! There can never be enough of them!
Today, I thought I'd share some of my favourite non-fiction titles. It was actually quite a hard decision choosing which ones to feature from my shelves and bedside pile, but these are definitely the ones I find myself dipping into the most and returning to time and again.
I love getting lost in the pages of each of these beautiful books for different reasons- some for their brilliant photography, some for their beautiful words, and others because I greatly admire the talented people who created them. But they all have three things in common: they each bring me joy; inspire me to keep living a creative life; and ignite my imagination.
My Recommended Reading "Top Ten" non-fiction titles (in no particular order) are:
1. Wreaths by Katie Smyth & Terri Chandler with photography by Kristin Perers.
2. The Country Cookbook by Bellinda Jeffery with photography by Rodney Weidland.
3. Sandcastles by Tim Neve with photography by Johan Paisson.
4. Botanical Style by Selina Lake with photography by Rachel Whiting.
5. In Detail by Hans Blomquist (photography by Hans Blomquist & Debi Treloar).
6. In the Mood for Colour by Hans Blomquist (photography by Hans Blomquist & Debi Treloar).
7. The Flower Workshop by Ariella Chezar.
8. Bowerbird by Sibella Court.
9. Handpicked by Ingrid Carozzi.
10. What Katie Ate by Katie Quinn Davies.
You may already be familiar with some of these but, if not, they're all well worth considering next time you want to update your personal library. Happy reading!